Hotmail is one of the best emails used by millions of users worldwide. It provides ultimate connectivity through its helpful mail services. Millions of people use Hotmail for sending and receiving mail from one part to another all around the globe. Hotmail that is indeed very helpful works actually on protocols. This protocol helps in executing several tasks. There are many protocol that are responsible for outlook out of them IMAP is important.
IMAP is the most recognized email protocols that allow you to access, download and view your Hotmail emails from the mail server to your local computer or any other device that is why it is known as incoming email server. IMAP is the best option when you want to access the Hotmail account on multiple devices.
IMAP should be enabled in Hotmail settings in order to download Hotmail from mail server to your computer or mobile device. Then you would have to set up Hotmail with an email program like Outlook express, Microsoft Outlook, and Thunderbird or Mail app through IMAP on your device.
The benefit of using IMAP is that the entire email users get synchronized. If the user has deleted any email on his phone it will be immediately deleted from the server and also be removed from all other devices that have access to it.
Setting up Hotmail on Mac need proper guidelines, take a quick view of step by step procedure of setting Hotmail IMAP on your Mac mail:
- Open up Apple Mail
- Click on Mail and then add Account from pull down menu.
- Click on Add other Mail account
- Add your details to the pop-up box
- A box should appear to say that the account must be manually configured.
- Add Incoming Mail Server Settings, ensuring that IMAP is selected:imap-mail.outlook.com
- Click next and an additional settings box will appear.
- Enter 993for the port number and check the SSL box.
- Leave authentication set to password.
- Add Outgoing Mail Server Settings : smtp-mail.outlook.com
- If you get asked to enter a port number enter 25 or 587
Now check whether the set up has done properly or not by signing out and signing in again. Once it is enabled you can use it further.
In case you are in any Hotmail problem and need instant help call Hotmail support contact number UK 0800 098 8424.